javascript pop window from form how to update field back to main form

KTU wrote:

Hi

I have question where I run web form. Now on this form I have one field with link select user.

This link will pop up new window with javascript and on this window I have form with items which end user can select. Once selection is done end user press button Select User.

Now I need to close that javascipt window and send back value of that selection back to form and to the field which has textbox for that value.

Is this possible ?

Hi this i what I did, to select and user from one form and update a select box in another form:

This is the code for the view that show all the users found:

<table>

<tr>     <% form_tag person_find_show_select_path, :method=>"get" do%>       <td>Buscar Usuario:</td>       <td><%=select_tag "busqueda","<option value='1' selected='true'>Nombre Completo</option><option value='2'>Razon Social</option

<option value='3'>Id Servicio</option><option value='4'>Id Cliente</option><option value='5'>Contrato</option>"%>

<%=hidden_field_tag :id, "13"%>       <td><%=text_field_tag :search, params[:search]%></td>       <td><%=submit_tag "Buscar", :name=>nil%></td>      <%end%>   </tr> <tr>   <th colspan="3">Nombre</th>   <th>ID Cliente</th> </tr> <%     switch=false     for person in @persons %>   <tr class="<%= if switch                    "TRPAR"                 else                     "TRIMPAR"                 end %>   <% switch=!switch %>">     <td colspan="3"><%=link_to_function("#{person.apellido} #{person.nombre}",           "set_value('voip_person_id','#{person.id}');           set_value('voip_id_servicio','#{person.id_cliente}');           set_value('voip_contrato','#{person.id_cliente}');           set_value('voip_contacts_attributes__nombre','#{person.nombre.capitalize}');           set_value('voip_contacts_attributes__apellido','#{person.apellido.capitalize}');           set_value('voip_contacts_attributes__razon_social','#{person.razon_social}');           ")%></td>     <td><%=person.id_cliente%></td>   </tr>     <% end %> </table>

And this is the function set_value inside public/javascripts/application.js

function set_value(id,value) {   opener.document.getElementById(id).value=value;   window.close(); }

Hope this help

Jesus bernardo Ruiz flores wrote:

<%=link_to_function("#{person.apellido}

#{person.nombre}",           "set_value('voip_person_id','#{person.id}');           set_value('voip_id_servicio','#{person.id_cliente}');           set_value('voip_contrato','#{person.id_cliente}');           set_value('voip_contacts_attributes__nombre','#{person.nombre.capitalize}');           set_value('voip_contacts_attributes__apellido','#{person.apellido.capitalize}');           set_value('voip_contacts_attributes__razon_social','#{person.razon_social}');           ")%>

And this is the function set_value inside public/javascripts/application.js

function set_value(id,value) {   opener.document.getElementById(id).value=value;   window.close(); }

I am trying to implement your solution, but I don't see any updates.

Here's my code:

<script type="text/javascript"> function set_value(id,value) {   opener.document.getElementById(id).value=value;   //window.close(); } </script>

<%= link_to_function("function_link", "set_value('div_area_form', '#{@item_codes}'); ") %>

The view source of the javascript shows this:

<a href="#" onclick="set_value('div_area_form', '1,2,3,4'); ; return false;">function_link</a>

Any ideas?