javascript_include_tag helper No route...

in the header of my layout I use the following helper

<%= javascript_include_tag 'accordion.js', 'application.js' %>

but I get an error when running

Processing ApplicationController#index (for 127.0.0.1 at 2009-08-22 23:18:47) [GET]   Parameters: {"1249998180"=>nil} ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/javascripts/ accordion.js" with {:method=>:get}):

my javascript file is in public/javascripts/accordion.js

seems that the helper is not generating tehe correct path w /public/ javascripts/accordion.js

is it right ?

thanks fyi

Where in the source is your javascript_include_tag and how does the actual source look?

here is my layout.html.erb

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http:// www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html> <HEAD> <TITLE>Home</TITLE> <%= javascript_include_tag 'accordion.js', 'application.js' %> ... </HEAD> ...

generated <script type="text/javascript" src="/academy/javascripts/ accordion.js?1249998180"/> .. I use a sub-uri : config.action_controller.relative_url_root = "/academy" the generated code should be : ??? <script type="text/javascript" src="/academy/public/javascripts/ accordion.js?1249998180"/>

I think it's an environment description issue when being in development mode, w mongrel , I should not mention the sub-uri, so it goes directly to htp://localhost:3000/ if I test with Apache mod-rails I should mention the sub-uri AND the asset host

I'll test it

thanks