issues with openid

hey,

I'm trying to use openid but I always get that "undefined method `using_open_id?'" I did put require 'openid' on top of my controller, is there anything else I should include?

this is my checklogin function:

def checklogin      if using_open_id?        open_id_authentication      elsif params[:login]        password_authentication(params[:login], params[:password])      end    end

thanx in advance

Pat

any idea? :slight_smile:

thanx I got to workalready since yesterday and it was because I didn't install OpenIdAuthentication indeed :slight_smile:

I still have a problem though, though it allows the user to login, it won't create it in the database:

I use this function: def open_id_authentication        authenticate_with_open_id do |result, identity_url|          if result.successful?            if self.current_user = User.find_or_create_by_identity_url(identity_url)               redirect_to(:action => 'login')        flash[:warning] = message            else              failed_login "Sorry, no user by that identity URL exists (#{identity_url})"            end          else            failed_login result.message          end        end      end

and that part: if self.current_user = User.find_or_create_by_identity_url(identity_url)               redirect_to(:action => 'login')

seems to be ignored for some reason.

any idea what's wrong?