Hi, I’ve just updated my app to the final 3.1 release and deployed it to the staging server after running tests but there is a problem with the precompiled assets. The precompiled assets are all in the public directory, like they were before, Capistrano doesn’t throw any error and running
rake assets:precompile in the current directory work as expected. But the asset pipeline helpers (
stylesheet_link_tag) act like if the assets weren’t precompiled. This application have been developed from scratch for 3.1 and deployement worked flawlessly using the release candidates (last used was rc5), I’ve downgraded to our last Gemfile.lock and everything work. So, has something changed since rc5 or is this a bug.
Also, when trying the run
rake assets:precompile on my local machine I get this very strange error message: “Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)”. Running rake with
--trace doesn’t give me any more information. I find this error non-sensical, as nothing in this project is owned by the root user. Again downgrading to rc5 make everything work as normal.