Issue where rails edit restful path is not rendering a template properly. Any Ideas?

Hello,

In my routes file I have map.resources :patients which allows me to use edit_patient_path(patient) in my view. Unfourtunately when I try to go to the path generated by edit_patient_path(patient) it says the template file is missing. I have an edit.html.erb template file in the proper directory. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks, Ruben

Hi --

Hello,

In my routes file I have map.resources :patients which allows me to use edit_patient_path(patient) in my view. Unfourtunately when I try to go to the path generated by edit_patient_path(patient) it says the template file is missing. I have an edit.html.erb template file in the proper directory. Has anyone seen this issue before?

The first thing that comes to mind, and I could be wide of the mark, is whether you've got everything in the plural (patients_controller.rb, views/patients, etc.). I don't have an exact scenario in mind but I've seen problems in this area (like creating both singular and plural by mistake and not cleaning up) cause failures like this.

David