Is we have to restart the server(development) when we do any changes in environment.rb ?

Hi all,

Is we have to restart the server when we do any changes in environment.rb ?

May i know in which file if we make changes than we have to restart the server (development)?

Thanks

Regards

Fahim Babar Patel

Any change in config directory requires you to restart the server, but that should not be a big deal.

About your second question, I don’t understand what you want to ask.

Any change in config directory requires you to restart the server, but that should not be a big deal.

About your second question, I don’t understand what you want to ask.

Thanks for reply.

As per you say any change in config directory, we have to restart localhost server.

Is there are any other directory other than config in which if we make changes than we have to restart the local server ?

The Gemfile is one that comes to my mind instantly, but aside config/ that’s the only one I remember. There could possibly be more that I’m not aware of.

I need restart server when I changed files in lib directory too. Cause I loaded libs on application.rb.

Matt’s

Thanks for reply . Is there is any authenticated list of situation in which we have to restart server ?

I don’t know. When your changes aren’t seen in the browser lol

Matt’s

Yes.you need to restart the server,when you did changes in any file in CONFIG folder .

Thanks,

Saikiran Mothe