Is this error related to connection pool

Hi    My environment is    ruby 1.8.6    rails 2.2.2    mysql 5.1    windowsXP

I have a very lengthy controller action which fetch mail from pop server. But some times I get error. Mainly three error. And I have to restart the application again to remove this errors. But after some time the same errors again happens

1) Mysql::Error (Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10048)):     C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:548:in `real_connect'     C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:548:in `connect'     C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:198:in `initialize'       ----------------------etc

2) Mysql::Error (Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10055)):    ----------------etc     C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:74:in `mysql_connection'     C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:223:in `send'

3) Errno::ENOTCONN (A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.):    /lib/pop_ssl.rb:535:in `connect'    /lib/pop_ssl.rb:535:in `do_start'    /lib/pop_ssl.rb:507:in `start'    /lib/pop_ssl.rb:382:in `start'

Please help to solve this issue