integration test api call with xml body

I have implemented an API to be used like

curl -X POST -H 'Content-type: application/xml' -d '<user><login>john</

<password>123456</password></user>' http://0.0.0.0:3000/users/register

and the above call works like charm. However, I can't figure out how to test this. The best I could come up with is using an integration test like:

def test_user_registration

assert_difference('User.count') do     xml = '<user>               <login>phibo</login>               <email>phibo@wonderland.org</email>               <password>somesecret</password>             </user>'

post_via_redirect 'users/register', :user => xml, :content_type => 'application/xml'   end end

This test actually calls the correct method on the users_controller, however, the params[:user] yields unparsed XML instead of the usual hash. Any idea how to do this?

(Yes, I do plan to use cucumber, rspec and webrat in the future, but for now I have to do it the hard way..)

ok, solved it myself using an integration test like this:

assert_difference('User.count') do       xml = "<user>               <login>phibo</login>               <email>ph...@wonderland.org</email>               <password>somesecret</password>              </user>"

post 'api/users/register', xml, :content_type => 'application/ xml'     end

assert_response :created