install problems on fedora 12

I just got set up with fedora 12 and am a new user for that distro.

I got ruby 1.8.6 installed. Then I tried to install rails using yum which gave me rails 2.3.4. When I tried to start a rails project I had an error saying the wrong version of rack was supplied. I tried to resolve that with gem installs but got errors saying it couldn't find rubygem sources. Then I decided to see if I could install rails through gems instead of yum, after yum remove I do this but get this error:

sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies --debug Exception `NameError' at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ command_manager.rb:161 - uninitialized constant Gem::Commands::InstallCommand Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb: 827 - Could not find RubyGem test-unit (>= 0)

INFO: `gem install -y` is now default and will be removed INFO: use --ignore-dependencies to install only the gems you list Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb: 827 - Could not find RubyGem sources (> 0.0.1)

You're never going to find a distro that can keep up with the speed of Rails releases. I always go it alone and installing everything from source, including ruby.

You're never going to find a distro that can keep up with the speed of Rails releases. I always go it alone and installing everything from source, including ruby.

I do0n't need the most recent version, I'm just trying to get something that works. I was using rails 2.3.2 on centos, but I am switching to fedora because I had other problems with centos, but I never had to build stuff with compiling source code on that platform or redhat ..

Most anything BUT the latest version is exploitable.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/37142

I just got set up with fedora 12 and am a new user for that distro.

I got ruby 1.8.6 installed. Then I tried to install rails using yum which gave me rails 2.3.4. When I tried to start a rails project I had an error saying the wrong version of rack was supplied. I tried to resolve that with gem installs but got errors saying it couldn't find rubygem sources. Then I decided to see if I could install rails through gems instead of yum, after yum remove I do this but get this error:

sudo gem install rails --include-dependencies --debug Exception `NameError' at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ command_manager.rb:161 - uninitialized constant Gem::Commands::InstallCommand Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb: 827 - Could not find RubyGem test-unit (>= 0)

INFO: `gem install -y` is now default and will be removed INFO: use --ignore-dependencies to install only the gems you list Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb: 827 - Could not find RubyGem sources (> 0.0.1)