Inheritance problem on site5

Hello,

I’ve uploaded my web application to site5 recently and I’ve encountered a big inheritance problem.

My application has an abstract model Media that is inherited by several other models (such as Post, Picture, Event). I’ve created this structure in order to use only one controller for the comments on these classes. As some of these classes allow users to upload a picture on amazon s3 using Paperclip, I’ve put the has_attachment attribute inside my Media model, and the validates_attachment_presence attribute only on the models that really use it.

The problem I have is that, as opposed to when I used my personal computer as the Rails server, on site5 any of the classes inheriting Media and that do not have an attachment displays an error when I submit the create or edit form, to warn me that the attachment Image must be present.

Why do I have this error message, although I’m pretty confident that my configuration is correct ?

Thank you for your help, and excuse my English (if you didn’t understand a part of the above, don’t hesitate to ask precisions)

Cyril

Did you try to change the environment in your computer from development to production and run the application that way? Maybe the problem is seeing only in production mode and you can reproduce it.