Information on what actionmailer fixtures should look like

I found the ActionMailer Testing guide lacking in some core information:

Steps to reproduce

Visit the ActionMailer Testing Guide

Expected behavior

Have at least one example containing a full use case of using ActionMailer fixtures that actually includes expected fixture content and format for both text and html:

Is whitespace important? Is html matched exactly, or is it matched only to the equivalent of calling innerText on an element node? Is there a naming/subdirectory standard we should follow when using using both HTML and Text formatted emails (like most people should be doing)?

Actual behavior

It mentions the location of where fixtures should go, and then pretty much nothing else except a single line in read_fixture(...).join and a single example of a text-only email

p.s. Why is there no actionmailer tag available when adding tags to these posts?

p.s. Why is there no actionmailer tag available when adding tags to these posts?

I guess nothing prevents you from creating that tag :slightly_smiling_face: I believe the tagging feature was introduced not so long ago.

I couldn’t find an option to add a new tag

The editor looks like this for me, it doesn’t work for you? (maybe tags can only be created when originally creating the post)