Implementing an atomic wizard with new objects

Hello after having searched the forums I couldn't find any soution to this problem:

I want to implement a multi step form across models.

Step 1: Enter requested username/ password - User model Step 2: Enter Profile information - Profile model Step 3: Misc questions - Questionaire model Step 4: Accept settings and save

The problem is if a user is created in step 1 and then exits his browser during step 2, thus a record in the users table is dangling, no good.

The best solution would be to have a Wizard controller with each step being associated with a method. Ive looked at the Wizard plugin (http://github.com/crankin/wizard/tree/master), however it doesnt seam like it addresses the issue mentioned above.

and also problem with back button in the browser,what if the user press back at step 3 and goes back to step 1 and start it..offcourse we can update it using update_attribute but it create many round trip to DB

Ive also looked as acts_as_statemachine but I dont know how I can get it to work with e.g. the wizard plugin.

Thanks in advance

charan wrote:

The problem is if a user is created in step 1 and then exits his browser during step 2, thus a record in the users table is dangling, no good.

Please solve this problem. I'm trying to sign up, and don't notice the oncoming electrical storm. On page 2 the lights go out. When I reboot and recover, 59 minutes later, I should be able to resume page 2.

Save your dangling records, and allow some innocuous event, such as someone hitting a list of users, to reap the danglers that are older than one day.