ImageMagick And Amazon Cloud 9

Hi I have a web app test running on Amazon Cloud 9. The users have the ability to up load images. They currently can’t do it. as I can’t install ImageMagic let along the gem.

Any suggestions.

Cheers Dave

Saving the file shouldn't need IM. rmagick can be tricky, but efficient when installed if you are doing image processing. mini_magick is pretty cool and simple if IM tools are installed on the server and you need to resize/etc. (you can't install the rpm/apt/etc?)

Also see:

Good luck!

Phil

The users trys to upload the image but can’t because ImageMagick isn’t installed

I got that part. (btw- it helps to not top-post for clarity, but that’s OK for now.)

Install IM if it is a dependency or avoid using it… I don’t really know what else to say? Uploading files doesn’t require IM unless you are using some gem or something that needs it to try to make life easier (which… hint: sometimes makes life more difficult).

Take care, David.

Phil

Hi I have a web app test running on Amazon Cloud 9. The users using the website have the ability to up load images. They currently can’t do it. as I can’t install ImageMagic let along the gem.

I there something else I can use that is the AWS Libraries?

Any suggestions.

Cheers Dave

Repeating the same information-free nonsense over and over won't improve your chances of getting help.

Why do you think "ImageMagick" and "file uploading" have anything to do with each other? Show the upload handling code, your Gemfile, an actual error message, something.

Problem solved

Problem solved. Used sudo yum install ImageMagick. Does Amazon Web Servicers have any Ruby Libraries available to use?

You may need to also do 'sudo yum install ImageMagick-devel', depending on what you are doing. (can't hurt anyway)

Good luck!

Phil

Thanks