I have no idea what this means

Migrations are pending. To resolve this issue, run: bin/rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=development

Extracted source (around line #392): 390 391 392 393 394 395

def check_pending!(connection = Base.connection)         raise ActiveRecord::PendingMigrationError if ActiveRecord::Migrator.needs_migration?(connection)       end

def load_schema_if_pending!

I'm doing the one month rails course if that helps. I tried running what it said to run. Still have the same issue.

It means what it says, that database migrations are pending (which means you have provided one or more migration files but have not yet run them). Assuming that is the case then you have to run rake db:migrate in order to apply them.

However I deduce from this that you are a beginner with Rails and suggest that you start by working right through a good tutorial such as railstutorial.org (which is free to use online). That will show you the basics of rails.

By the way it really is better to ask a question when you want help rather than making a statement and hoping we will guess what question you are trying to ask.

Colin

Try typing in your console "rake db:migrate".

Eli, “Migrations are pending” means that you have created a migration file (in db/migrate folder) BUT a real database table has not been created yet.

Simply creating a migration file does not create a database table. So you need to tell your rails application to create the table by entering ‘bin/rake db:migrate’ from the console.

As Colin Law noted, if you are a newbie then start from a simple tutorial or a book.