htmldoc gem gives 'invalid program path'

Hey anyone,

I'm using htmldoc-0.2.3 on ruby 1.8.7 and I'm struggling to get it working. I've created the following ruby file and get the following error:

Dandan wrote in post #971381:

Hey anyone,

I'm using htmldoc-0.2.3 on ruby 1.8.7 and I'm struggling to get it working. I've created the following ruby file and get the following error: ------ require 'rubygems' require 'htmldoc'

pdf = PDF::HTMLDoc.new

pdf.set_option :outfile, "/tmp/outfile.pdf"   pdf << 'test text'

if pdf.generate     puts "Successfully generated a PDF file"   else     puts pdf.result[:output]   end ---- Error:

/Users/dandan/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p302/gems/htmldoc-0.2.3/lib/ htmldoc.rb:182:in `execute': Invalid program path: htmldoc (PDF::HTMLDocException)   from /Users/dandan/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p302/gems/htmldoc-0.2.3/lib/ htmldoc.rb:154:in `generate'   from pdf.rb:17

To attempt to fix this I added PDF::HTMLDoc.program_path = '/Users/dandan/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p302/ gems/htmldoc-0.2.3'

Running the script again I get the output from pdf.result[:output]: sh: /Users/dandan/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.8.7-p302/gems/htmldoc-0.2.3: is a directory

Has anyone else experienced this problem and has a solution. I'm guessing I'm giving the wrong program path but I'm not sure which path I should be giving.

Thanks abundantly for any help!

Dan

Dan,

Step on is to confirm that you have the htmldoc executable installed. `which htmldoc` should return the location of the binary. The gem only wraps calls to the executable, so doing point it back to itself.

If you have htmldoc installed, then check path issues.

Ken