How to update the rails 2.2.2 version based project into 2.3.4 version

Hi,     currently i am using rails 2.2.2. I have developed some project using rails 2.2.2, ruby 1.8.6 and gem 1.3.1. Now i want to use some cool features in rails 2.3.4 like default_scope,accepts_nested_attributes_for..etc. So i wants to upgrade the rails version from 2.2.2 to 2.3.4. My doubts are

1) Is there any problem will occur after i updated the rails version for the project that was done by rails 2.2.2 2) I want to know how to update the existing project to new version.

Thanks in Advance

So i wants to upgrade the rails version from 2.2.2 to 2.3.4. My doubts are

1) Is there any problem will occur after i updated the rails version for the project that was done by rails 2.2.2

Possibly. Make the change and run your tests :slight_smile:

2) I want to know how to update the existing project to new version.

You should have a line like this in config/environment.rb --

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.2.2' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION

Install Rails 2.3.4 and change that line appropriately (though you might want to jump to 2.3.10 for security fixes).

HTH,

So i wants to upgrade the rails version from 2.2.2 to 2.3.4. My doubts are

1) Is there any problem will occur after i updated the rails version for the project that was done by rails 2.2.2

Possibly. Make the change and run your tests :slight_smile:

2) I want to know how to update the existing project to new version.

You should have a line like this in config/environment.rb --

RAILS_GEM_VERSION = '2.2.2' unless defined? RAILS_GEM_VERSION

Install Rails 2.3.4 and change that line appropriately (though you might want to jump to 2.3.10 for security fixes).

Also then, in the top level directory of you application, do rake rails:update

This will update scripts and so on, though it may do nothing in the case of a small rails version change. Don't forget to make sure you have committed everything to your version control system before you start.

Colin

I am a newbie here and just wanna say Hi to everyone. I am Crystal from Louisiana, US.