How to remove the orignal file in carrierwave

HI All,

I am using the carrier wave gem for file uploading, and I am not able to delete the original file after uploading. I tried the below code but it didn’t work, any help would be really appreciated.

• after :store, :unlink_original def unlink_original(file) File.delete(store_dir+‘/’+@original_file) #path of the original file end*

regards, Loganathan Mob: +91 7760780741 | +91 9944414388 Skype: loganathan.sellappa ViewMe

How about File.unlink instead of File.delete

HI All,

I am using the carrier wave gem for file uploading, and I am not able to delete the original file after uploading. I tried the below code but it didn't work, any help would be really appreciated.

after :store, :unlink_original

def unlink_original(file)     File.delete(store_dir+'/'+@original_file) #path of the original file   end

Have you confirmed that unlink_original is being called and that the correct file name is being built and passed to delete? If you have not already done so then I suggest logging a message showing the value os store_dir+'/'+@original_file and makes sure that it appears ok. Alternatively break in with the debugger to make sure it is ok.

Colin