how to remote function to get info from url in a javascript function

hey all

I am working with a javascript function called Elabel, part of the Google maps api the Elabel has a function called setContents(html)

i need to be able to call this function and get new html for it. ( the html is a table that displays weather data)

here is what i have so far

function replace_weather_table(){         zoomy = map.getZoom();         weather_table_one.setContents(new Ajax.Request('/weather/ update_weather_tables?zoom='+zoomy)); };

GEvent.addListener(map,"moveend", replace_weather_table);

i would like to have the contents be those of a partial, but when executed, the display only shows "[object Object]"

would appreciate any help, thanks

sk

make a controller respond to ajax and return a .js.erb it will be evaluated dynamically.

load jquery first and perform a $.get([controller_path], null, null,‘script’)

return a whatever.js.erb with a content like

$("#thingy").html("<%=escape_javascript(render :partial =>"controller/whatever")%>");

Shawn Bright wrote:

hey all

I am working with a javascript function called Elabel, part of the Google maps api the Elabel has a function called setContents(html)

i need to be able to call this function and get new html for it. ( the html is a table that displays weather data)

I don't understand your logic flow. Can you clarify?

here is what i have so far

function replace_weather_table(){         zoomy = map.getZoom();         weather_table_one.setContents(new Ajax.Request('/weather/ update_weather_tables?zoom='+zoomy)); };

GEvent.addListener(map,"moveend", replace_weather_table);

i would like to have the contents be those of a partial, but when executed, the display only shows "[object Object]"

Is the new HTML rendered by your Rails app, then, or does it come from a remote server?

would appreciate any help, thanks

sk

Best,