How to give link between two files of same view?

I have one controller(home) with two methods(empty) ,name are index,new).Corressponding have 2 .html.erb files in home view.How to give a link from file index.html.erb to new.html.erb i.e syntax?        I tried <%=link_to 'Click me',home_new_path%>,but it failed

Thanks

FYI, "it failed" is not a very useful problem description.

Regardless, you should be able to see the proper syntax if you run `rake routes`, and you should be able to easily confirm that the path is correct in the generated page via `view source` in your browser.

HTH,

1) rake routes say:     (in /home/amrit/mani) home_index GET /home/index(.:format) {:action=>"index", :controller=>"home"}

2) Then i changed the syntax in index.html.erb file as: <%=link_to "Goodbyyye",:action=>"new", :controller=>"home"%>

Again strucked error,says: No route matches {:controller=>"home", :action=>"new"}

Thank you

Check yours routes.rb write there map.resources “controller_name”

That is because, once again, you have not defined the route for that action. I have lost count of how many times I have suggested that you work through the Rails Guide on routing. Read it again and if there is anything that you do not understand then ask here for clarification. It is clear that you still have not grasped the basics of rails routing.

Colin