How to get Website Templates for a Ruby on Rails

Hi Guys,

I am a ruby programmer and want to have a crack on building a online store website (eg.tshirt, pants, etc) using ruby on rails as it will be a known territory for me rather than learning php, etc. Anyways, I found heaps of gem like spree which will help me accomplish what I want to do on the programming side. However, I am not sure how the design aspect works. I am no designer and don't think I would be able to come up with a good designs from scratch.

Do you guys know where I can get good templates for free? In ROR do you simply get any templates in html and can incorporate that into your code? I found heaps of normal html template websites but I am not sure whether you are meant to use something special for ROR. Also, what role do CSS Templates have to play in the ROR based website.

Help would really much be appreciated as I am trying to have basic website layout and design setup so that I can build my application around it.

Ashish Deepak4 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am a ruby programmer and want to have a crack on building a online store website (eg.tshirt, pants, etc) using ruby on rails as it will be a known territory for me rather than learning php, etc. Anyways, I found heaps of gem like spree which will help me accomplish what I want to do on the programming side. However, I am not sure how the design aspect works. I am no designer and don't think I would be able to come up with a good designs from scratch.

Do you guys know where I can get good templates for free? In ROR do you simply get any templates in html and can incorporate that into your code?

Yes.

I found heaps of normal html template websites but I am not sure whether you are meant to use something special for ROR. Also, what role do CSS Templates have to play in the ROR based website.

CSS is essential to *any* Web development or design work. For use with Rails, though, check out Sass.

Help would really much be appreciated as I am trying to have basic website layout and design setup so that I can build my application around it.

Best,