how to create new documents?

My clients asking me the possibility to create every time new documents, just like using text editors like word or others. My application create a document model based on data inserted in a form, obviously this is a static document that the user can print. But the user wants to edit the document inserting, changing text or whatever else before printing. Is it possible to do something like this with rails?

Msan Msan wrote in post #1048192:

My clients asking me the possibility to create every time new documents, just like using text editors like word or others. My application create a document model based on data inserted in a form, obviously this is a static document that the user can print. But the user wants to edit the document inserting, changing text or whatever else before printing. Is it possible to do something like this with rails?

Yes, would be the direct answer to your question. That being said you're not going to get anywhere with questions like this. It's not like anyone here as any interested in designing your app for you.

- Do you have anything specific to ask? - What have you tried? - Why would you think it's obvious that your form submission creates a static document?

From your abstract description of what your app does, I can think of many existing apps that do something like that. Any, CMS system does basically that. Google Docs most certainly does that. So can Rails do something like that? Of course it can. That doesn't mean it's necessarily easy. I'm quite sure that the development of Google Docs was quite complex. Rails is not the limiting factor here. The limiting factor is the imagination and skill of the developer.

I've found the solution in serenity-odt gem :slight_smile: Thank you.