how to create a form for multiple entries?

hi guys,

I have a fairly simple application for a party.

An "invite" object has many "guest" objects.

When I open up localhost:3000/invites/:id/guests/, I expect to see the details of the "invite" along with all the guest objects associated with the given invite.

I would like to have a form whereby there's a checkbox on the left of each guest entry which represents if the guest has decided to attend the party (or not).

Nevertheless, I kept getting this error, " undefined method `guest_path' for #<ActionView::Base:0x0000001138fe88>" when i open the url above.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Anyway, this is how my "~/ projects/party/app/views/guests/index.rhtml" looks like. Yes, I am aware this is not following CRUD closely but it's a very simple app hence I have stripped a lot of things down.

---------- extract start -------------------------------

<h1>Listing guests</h1>

<% @guests.each do |guest| %>     <% form_for(guest) do |f| %>       <%= f.error_messages %>

<p>         <%= f.label :name %><br />         <%= f.text_field :name %>       </p>       <p>         <%= f.label :contact_number %><br />         <%= f.text_field :contact_number %>       </p>       <p>         <%= f.label :status %><br />         <%= f.check_box :status %>       </p>       <p>         <%= f.label :email %><br />         <%= f.text_field :email %>       </p>       <p>         <%= f.submit 'Update' %>       </p>     <% end %> <% end %>

---------- extract end -------------------------------

Any ideas on how to create the multielement form, guys?

thanks

I'm not a professional Rails developper but I believe I went through the same kind of issue. So take a look at this: #75 Complex Forms Part 3 - RailsCasts and possibly part-2 and 3 as well.

Christophe

It seems that you created the guest and invite routes nested, right?

So, you have to write your form like this:

<% form_for([@invite, guest]) do |f| %>

This form above will use the url: /invites/:invite_id/guests/:id/edit

Some reference: http://adamblog.heroku.com/past/2007/12/20/nested_resources_in_rails_2/

Cheers!

Nícolas Iensen