How to call javascript function in A site?

Hello, rubiers. now, I wanna call some functions in A site that was already implemented by another company. ( I don't know internal... just nothing..) anyway, there are several javascript functions in there what I want call frequently in my ruby scripts. HOW DO I connect it and call it? Could you give me some examples?

for example) <head> hello, this is template!! </head> <body> <a href='javascript:func_a(arg1, arg2, arg3)'>click</a> </body> func_a().... that is my goal to call in my scripts. thanks you. </body>

Jun Young wrote:

<head> hello, this is template!! </head> <body> <a href='javascript:func_a(arg1, arg2, arg3)'>click</a>

This is a very old technique and I would not recommend using this style to call JavaScript functions.

Here is a more modern syntax: <a href="#" onclick="func_a(arg1, arg2, arg3); return false;">click</a>

The most recent trend that is emerging is called "Unobtrusive JavaScript." This new technique separates page behavior from page structure and presentation. Notice the "return false;" at the end of the onclick attribute.

</body> func_a().... that is my goal to call in my scripts. thanks you. </body>

I would recommend putting your JavaScript functions in an external file inside "public/javascripts" and include them from inside <head>:

<head>   <%= javascript_include_tag 'application' %> </head>

Or, if you want to also include the Prototype JavaScript libraries:

<head>   <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %> </head>

Doing this will also include public/application.js along with the Prototype library.

actually, this is not what i want to do :wink: sorry my poor english sentences made you misunderstand it.

okay.

if there is a general website like amazon, the site has plenty of javascript function.

the one of them is func_a() function what I want to call it.

in my local, there is a ruby script to check some situation that does satisfy any conditions. by using this ruby script, I want to call func_a() in a server-side.

is this possible? I think this is really easy functionality. but I could not find any solutions for me.

thanks for your concerns.

following code might help you

<% if rails_condition%>

<%end%>

Regards,

Naren