how to avoid pre-compile on deployment ..

I commented the following code in my deploy.rb , to avoid pre- compiling upon deployment ..

# namespace :assets do # desc "Compile assets" # task :precompile, :roles => :app do # run "cd #{release_path} && rake RAILS_ENV=#{rails_env} assets:precompile" # end # end

but it seems to have no effect .... cap deploy log show precompiling again... .....     triggering after callbacks for `deploy:update_code'   * executing `deploy:assets:precompile'   * executing "cd /var/www/vhosts/videopromo.tv/rails/videopromo/ releases/20120103234418 && bundle exec rake RAILS_ENV=production RAILS_GROUPS=assets assets:precompile"

I have an issue with the .swf file being pre-compiled and I don't want that .. so I run a local pre-compile before deployment ... rake assets:precompile --trace with config.assets.digest = false in production.rb and that was fine ... I got the files player.swf and ova-jw.swf in public/assets/jwplayer folder

then I put back config.assets.digest = true in production.rb and did my cap deploy but on the remote production server , in public/assets I have player.swf and ova-jw.swf BUT also ova-jw-cd5839fa631138fe59903b79af552531 and player-62ab06eeb4e8b316fd0e530ae810c579 seems not to be an issue for the player.swf , but it's definitely an issue for the ova-jw.swf which is a plugin and need dynamic settings ...

feedback will appreciated on how to solve this issue ( the ova-jw.swf plug is running fine in local development mode, but cannot be set up in production ...