how to avoid past pages to be displayed

I've got the following problem with firefox:

When I click the back button after logging out, I can see all the pages of the browser history where I was logged in. These pages are not reloaded, so I assume the before_filter is not called. How do other pages like groups.google.com avoid the browser history being displayed again?

# before_filter for all methods that require the user to be logged in:   def user_test_logged     @user = User.find_by_id(session[:user_id])     if @user.nil?       redirect_to(:controller => "login" , :action => "login" ) and return false     end   end

def login     reset_session     if request.post?       user = User.authenticate(params[:name], params[:password])       if user         session[:user_id] = user.id         redirect_to :action => 'index' and return false       end     end     render :layout => false   end

def logout     redirect_to :action => 'login'   end

thanks Luma

You are probably in development mode and viewing the browsers cache. In production mode, this shouldn’t happen, although there really is no way to completely prevent it. Production mode sends the no-cache header, but it’s up to the particular browser to decide whether to abide by that or not.

-Bill

Luma wrote: