How to avoid auto-closing tag while using insert_html method?

It seems that

page.insert_html :bottom, ‘current-entry’, ‘

will generate

automatically. That is, it auto-close the 'div' tag.

However, this is not i want. What I want is a unclosing tag. So, Is there any way to achieve the goal?

thx.

I think that the HTML fragment has to be “complete” so it’s not valid to do what you ask. Perhaps you could state what your true goal is? Or explain the other options that you’ve considered and why an opening

is what you think you need.

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn http://agileconsultingllc.com

Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com

It seems that

page.insert_html :bottom, ‘current-entry’, ‘

will generate

automatically. That is, it auto-close the ‘div’ tag.

However, this is not i want. What I want is a unclosing tag. So, Is there any way to achieve the goal?

thx.

I think that the HTML fragment has to be “complete” so it’s not valid to do what you ask. Perhaps you could state what your true goal is? Or explain the other options that you’ve considered and why an opening

I want the inner_html in the div can be replacable. That’s, page.replace_html “cc”, :partial => “xxx” If it’s not valid, i’ll turn to use another way to change the content.

It seems that page.insert_html :bottom, ‘current-entry’, ‘

will generate

automatically. That is, it auto-close the ‘div’ tag.

thx.

I want the inner_html in the div can be replacable. That’s, page.replace_html “cc”, :partial => “xxx” If it’s not valid, i’ll turn to use another way to change the content.

If that is something that will happen in some future request, then ‘

’ should be able to handle the equivalent of:

$(‘cc’).innerHTML = “partial xxx”

is the same as

Try it and see!

-Rob