How can i disable session for one action in Rails

I have Rails 2.3.2 and I want to disable session support for one controller action, so that means that I don't want to save session variables to database when I'm accessing url. For example '/my_action' url. I have tried to implement this using session :off, :only => :my_action but this doesn't work.

The message I recieve is: DEPRECATION WARNING: Disabling sessions for a single controller has been deprecated. Sessions are now lazy loaded. So if you don't access them, consider them off. You can still modify the session cookie options with request.session_options..

R00ted R. wrote in post #960744:

I have Rails 2.3.2 and I want to disable session support for one controller action, so that means that I don't want to save session variables to database when I'm accessing url. For example '/my_action' url. I have tried to implement this using session :off, :only => :my_action but this doesn't work.

The message I recieve is: DEPRECATION WARNING: Disabling sessions for a single controller has been deprecated. Sessions are now lazy loaded. So if you don't access them, consider them off. You can still modify the session cookie options with request.session_options..

Did you read the message? Did you notice the second sentence? Does that suggest anything? Have you tried that approach?

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote in post #960749:

Did you read the message? Did you notice the second sentence? Does that suggest anything? Have you tried that approach?

Best, -- Marnen Laibow-Koser http://www.marnen.org marnen@marnen.org

Yes, I have read this sentence. I'm not accessing any session variable or setting them but anyway system creates a session record, wich I don't need. Maybe I don't understand the idea. I need any suggestions..

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote in post #960749:

Best, -- Marnen Laibow-Koser http://www.marnen.org marnen@marnen.org

Yes, I have read this sentence. I'm not accessing any session variable or setting them but anyway system creates a session record, wich I don't need. Maybe I don't understand the idea. I need any suggestions..

The session is not created until you check to see if the session is created. Do not check the session.

So there is a problem, I'm not checking the session. I have empty ApplicationController and only 1 method in my controller which I'm calling.

Can I trace somehow, when the session is beeing created?

Try to set a breakpoint to Session:marshal in activerecord/lib/active_record/session_store.rb