Hi, how can I split line length in Rails?

Hi to everyone! I need to split one long line in two or multiple lines.. how can I do that? I have a form where you can write in for example 200 character long line ("aaaaaaaaa..."), when I submit it(line contains no spaces), char line updates in my blog, but the only bug is there that line is posted in its real length 200 chars from left to right all over other borders, can I set maxlength of it or something like that? (Example: when form echoes line it should be 100px long height:relative)

use text_area for example <%= text_area(:product,:description ,:size=>"100x10",:disabled=>"disabled") %>

I hope that will help.

Ainar Abramovich wrote:

Hi to everyone! I need to split one long line in two or multiple lines.. how can I do that? I have a form where you can write in for example 200 character long line ("aaaaaaaaa..."), when I submit it(line contains no spaces), char line updates in my blog, but the only bug is there that line is posted in its real length 200 chars from left to right all over other borders, can I set maxlength of it or something like that? (Example: when form echoes line it should be 100px long height:relative)

Just split words that are more than a certain number of characters long. Ruby's String and Regexp classes have many methods that will help you.

For further help, I'd recommend that you go to the Ruby list, as this is basically not a Rails question.

Best,

axelsef wrote:

use text_area for example <%= text_area(:product,:description ,:size=>"100x10",:disabled=>"disabled") %>

I hope that will help.

On May 24, 3:13�pm, Ainar Abramovich <youhubcommun...@gmail.com>

That's a really bad solution. Disabled <input> objects are usually a sign that you're doing something wrong.

Best,

However thank you all, I found solution, I write few lines in posts helper and everything works fine module PostsHelper def wrap(content)     content.split.map{ |s| wrap_long_string(s) }.join(' ')   end

private

def wrap_long_string(text, max_width = 30)       zero_width_space = "&#8203;"       regex = /.{1,#{max_width}}/       (text.length < max_width) ? text :

text.scan(regex).join(zero_width_space)     end

end