Hi..Guys new plugin again

Hi..

Guys new plugin again

Foreign Key Associations is a plugin that automatically creates associations based on foreign-keys. The associations are created at runtime-ie. as your ActiveRecord models are loaded-so they will always be up-to-date.

For example, given a foreign-key from a customer_id column in an orders table to an id column in a customers table, the plugin creates:

Order.belongs_to :customerCustomer.has_many :orders If there is a uniqueness constraint-eg unique index-on a foreign-key column, then the plugin will creates a has_one instead of a has_many.

For example, given a foreign-key from an order_id column with a uniqueness constraint in an invoices table to an id column in an orders table, the plugin creates:

Invoice.belongs_to :orderOrder.has_one :invoice Additionally, if there is a position column in the child table, the parent association will be created with an order clause.

For example, given a foreign-key from a order_id column in an order_lines table containing a position column, to an id column in a orders table, the plugin creates:

OrderLine.belongs_to :ordersOrder.has_many :lines, :order => :position The plugin also supports the creation of has_and_belongs_to_many associations.

For example, given the tables product_product_categories with foreign- keys to both the product and product_categories tables, the plugin creates:

Product.has_and_belongs_to_many :categoriesProductCategory.has_and_belongs_to_many :products And finally, notice that in one of the previous examples, the association name used for the Order.has_many is :lines and not :order_lines. More specifically, the plugin removes the prefix from has_many and has_one associations if the the name of parent class forms a proper prefix of the child class name.

The plugin fully supports and understands the following active-record configuration properties:

config.active_record.pluralize_table_names config.active_record.table_name_prefix config.active_record.table_name_suffix

Installation EDGE To install using SVN: ruby script/plugin install svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/redhillonrails/trunk/vendor/plugins/foreign_key_associations

or using HTTP: ruby script/plugin install http://www.redhillonrails.org/svn/trunk/vendor/plugins/foreign_key_

Stop flooding the group with these posts.

good work buddy,

flood away…you did the hard work and should be able to get some acknowledgment for it

announcing developments like this is just what this mailing list is for…

high fives all round…down low for Rein Henrichs

Neither this nor any of the 15 other posts this person has made in a 15 minute span have been their work.

Besides, the link to the plugin (that he didn't write) isn't even valid.

sorry guys, I had not seen all the other posts…

stop flooding foo

I was 2 seconds from marking all of Jhonny’s posts as spam when I noticed that they are all on topic…

Stop flooding

Jason

For the record, I'm all for announcing open source developments here. I was subscribed to ruby forge for over a year before it got to be too much. I plan on making a few such announcements myself. :slight_smile:

However, I'm less keen on announcing other people's hard work and conveniently forgetting to give them credit.

Rein