Heroku sending out bills for 0.00?

I set up a Heroku account years ago, and put up a stupid scaffolding demo, and promptly forgot all about it. Today, I had two copies of a bill for $0.00 in my Spam folder from Heroku for that demo site.

Anybody else seen this?

Walter

I set up a Heroku account years ago, and put up a stupid scaffolding demo, and promptly forgot all about it. Today, I had two copies of a bill for $0.00 in my Spam folder from Heroku for that demo site.

I did too. I think it must be because SalesForce acquired the company… maybe they are reminding us that it is free for basic accounts :slight_smile: Or maybe an infrastructure for what is to come which needs not be said, but as long as reasonable I would gladly pay.

I did too, but I think I have received these for the past couple of months.

Me three, and my thoughts are similar to David's. The party has to end sometime.

I'd be sorry to see the free plan go because I use Heroku as a nursery for tiny apps that for the most part sleep quietly, stirred only occasionally from their slumber by that infernal Baidu spider (and its imitators).

I think it’s some bad code that assumes it can’t possibly send a bill for 0.00. Some defensive code is in order. All billing code should check for sending out 0.00 bills and ridiculously large bills, even if it’s redundant.

If you want to remind people that the service is free and may not remain so, just say it.

I've sent mail to Heroku. Response: