help: awesome_nested_set

hi,

how can i select & build a recursive xml-response of all roots (PLURAL) ?meaning not only 1st-level-children, but all level...

eg

FaqCategory.find(:all, :conditions => ['parent_id IS NULL']).ALL.full_set

but for some reason, i dont get it....

help

thx

im looking at it right now, but it doesnt look promising. seems i have to play around with the xml-builder again. any other ideas?

regs

Tom Tom wrote:

im looking at it right now, but it doesnt look promising. seems i have to play around with the xml-builder again. any other ideas?

You can use awesome_nested_set for what you're describing. What do you mean when you say it "doesn't look promising"? Where's the problem? What don't you understand?

regs

Best,

hi,

ok, what i need and dont know know how to do is:

@result = Category.roots #gives me 3, because i have 3 records with parent_id=NULL, what is fine

@result.TO_FULL_RECURSIVE_XML

Tom Tom wrote:

hi,

ok, what i need and dont know know how to do is:

@result = Category.roots #gives me 3, because i have 3 records with parent_id=NULL, what is fine

@result.TO_FULL_RECURSIVE_XML

You might just want to do Category.find :all, :order => 'lft', which will give you all the records in the right order. Alternatively, you could make all 3 current root elements into children of a new, single, root, and then just fetch all descendants of the new root.

####### again, i want a xml-structure of all root-records with their children, and their children , and their children etc....

i can do it if i have only 1 result, but dont know how to build the xml if i have, lets say 30+ roots...

thx

Best,

Tom Tom wrote:

yeah, i tried that too, but that underlaying issue here is the recursiv xml...

Once you've got the array in memory, it's not hugely difficult to step through it and generate XML. What isn't working?

thx anyway for ur help.

Best,

ok,

this is a function, sitting on my model: category.rb