Help: "500 Internal Server Error"

Hi guys,

I am a completely ruby & rails newbie. i have being struggling on this issue for almost 2 days, still can not figure out the problem.

there are two websites i'm trying to set up a development environment on my pc running windows xp 32 bit version. a front-end customer facing page & back-end admin page.

the procedure i have gone through is: 1. install ruby version 1.8.6 2. update rubygems version to the latest 3. install rails version 2.3.5 4. install mysql adapter 5. install mongrel & mongrel_service 6. install all required gems for the application 7. create a fresh new rails app & replace the required folders & files from the source 8. create & migrate the mysql database and then resoted it with the data from live site 9. start the server and it's running without any problems for the front-end site

then i went through the same process (from 7 to 9) for the back-end admin site as well, and type "rake gems:install" to install any required gems. then start the server, error shows as the following in the log file:

C:/rails/admin/app/controllers/application_controller.rb:2

Tim Teng wrote:

C:/rails/admin/app/controllers/application_controller.rb:2

i comment out that line then it works, great.

thx.

hey what was that line please suggest