HABTM and Check Boxes (Yet Another thread on this)....

Hi there,

it's an afternoon that i'm destroying my head on this, and i've decided to ask to you all .

I've got to do some check box lists for a modified substruct version i'm doing, right now, i'm interested to insert a list of categories of interests into a customer sheet

i'm using the substruct plugin version, wich stays in the plugin/vendor version. the category.rb stays in the myapp/app/models , while the order_user.rb stays in myapp/vendor/plugins/substruct/app/models .

this is my models

class Category < ActiveRecord::Base   has_and_belongs_to_many :order_users end

class OrderUser < ActiveRecord::Base   include CheckboxSelectable   has_and_belongs_to_many :categories   #many other things down below end

this are my controller

def updateCust        @customer = OrderUser.find(params[:id])        @customer.update_attributes(params[:customer])        @customer.update_check_list(params, 'Category')

if @customer.save         flash[:notice] = 'Customer was successfully updated.'         redirect_to :action => 'customers'           else             flash[:notice] = 'Something went wrong,please review your data'             redirect_to :action => 'customers'         end   end

and the view

<%= checkbox_select('customer', 'categories', @categories, 'name') %>

As you can see, i'm using the Checkbox select rails plugin ( http://scoop.cheerfactory.co.uk/2007/11/05/checkbox-select-rails-plugin/ ). I've already tried the version in the railscast (#17 HABTM Checkboxes - RailsCasts) but in both cases, the first time i try to load the page, i get this error:

substruct_development.categories_order_users' doesn't exist: SELECT `categories`.id FROM `categories` INNER JOIN `categories_order_users` ON `categories`.id = `categories_order_users`.category_id

, so i reload and all goes fine!ad the boxes too, they appears!

but if i try to check a box and then to save a record, i get this error:

ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch in Admin/usersController#updateCust

Category(#18224400) expected, got Category(#18557480)

or something similar, only numbers change!

Now, AssociationTypeMismatch is when you want to cope wrong types of data together, but this is not the case :frowning:

what i've to do? please help me!

no one can help me?

Enzo Rivello wrote:

no one can help me?

What does your categories_order_users migration look like?

but if i try to check a box and then to save a record, i get this
error:

ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch in Admin/usersController#updateCust

Category(#18224400) expected, got Category(#18557480)

or something similar, only numbers change!

Now, AssociationTypeMismatch is when you want to cope wrong types of data together, but this is not the case :frowning:

That sounds to me like an automatic code reloading problem: the plugin
isn't reloaded but your application's models are: if the problem doesn't exist in production mode then that is the most
likely cause

Fred