Great rails forum software

Hi all,

Anyone interested in collaborating with me to develop great rails forum software? This will be a rails 3 engine that makes it very easy to plug into an existing app, integrating with your existing user model and authentication system.

I started on this a few months ago. I've laid the basic foundation and solved a lot of the engine issues and made installation really easy, and I've implemented the basic forum features. I'm still a little ways from a useful beta still, but I'm far enough that I'd love to enlist some help and draw upon the wisdom of others.

There are three ways I could use help:

1) Even if you have no time to contribute to the core codebase, if you would like to have a great rails forum plugin for your rails 3 app, I'd love to ask you a few questions about your needs; I want to make sure this addresses real-world use cases beyond just my own.

2) If you'd like to help a bit more, it would also be immensely valuable if you have an existing rails 3 app to try installing my alpha and make sure it addresses your core integration needs. I've tried to make it very easy while still allowing for important flexibility (i.e. you can specify a base path to mount the forum, e.g. /help/ )

3) Lastly, I'd love to find some people interested in being active developers to help me expand the project.

If you'd be willing to help in any of these ways, please contact me privately.

Thanks! Keith

Threaded or flat messages? or both?

I've started with flat, but could easily add the option for fully- threaded within a topic.