Get the time zone of the datetime object

Hi, I am using rails 3 for my application. My problem is that I am importing the events from meetup.com. I am getting the time of the event but I don't know from which time zone. E.g. Thu Apr 07 07:00:00 PDT

I want to find out the time zone for it. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Thanks, Mike

Hi, I am using rails 3 for my application. My problem is that I am importing the events from meetup.com. I am getting the time of the event but I don't know from which time zone. E.g. Thu Apr 07 07:00:00 PDT

I want to find out the time zone for it. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Sorry, isn't "PDT" Pacific Daylight Time? If this is an example of the time strings you're grabbing from Meetup, it seems like you could do a regular expression to grab everything after the last number in the time string and perform some lookups from there, right?

Walter

Is it that you want the timezone, or are you just trying to correctly interpret the time? If the latter then: ruby-1.8.7-p302 > Time.parse("Thu Apr 07 07:00:00 PDT").utc => Thu Apr 07 14:00:00 UTC 2011

Colin