generating xml tags with a period(.) in the tag name generating xml tags with a period(.) in generating xml tags with a period(.) in the tag name the xml builder gives me error

Hi all, In ruby language, while generating xml tags with a period(.) in the tag name as given below, the xml builder gives me error, without the period it works fine Could anyone suggest me the solution. My rxml file is as follows:

xml.instruct! :xml, :version=>"1.0", :encoding=>"UTF-8" xml.methodResponse do    xml.param do      xml.Date.iso8601(@date.strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S"))      end end

TIA

IIRC Builder gives you the tag! method which allows you to pass the name of the tag as a string.

Fred

Hi Fred, Thanks for your quick reply, as per ur suggestion i have installed builder as follows: gem install builder Attempting local installation of 'builder' Local gem file not found: builder*.gem Attempting remote installation of 'builder' Successfully installed builder-2.1.2 Installing RDoc documentation for builder-2.1.2...

But I find difficulty in loading the builder library:

[root@rubyserver lib]# irb --simple-prompt

require 'builder'

LoadError: no such file to load -- builder         from (irb):1:in `require'         from (irb):1

Also Please suggest me if I could achieve my requirement with this library, that I wanted the xml tage to include a period(.) in the tag as : <Date.iso8601>date</Date.iso8601>

Hi Fred, Thanks for your quick reply, as per ur suggestion i have installed builder as follows:

You've already got builder - it's what you are already using.

Fred

Fred ,

Kindly suggest me if I could achieve my requirement with this library, that I wanted the xml tage to include a period(.) in the tag as : <Date.iso8601>date</Date.iso8601>. It works fine without the period(.) in the tag - <Date>date</Date>.

Thanks, Usha

Fred ,

Kindly suggest me if I could achieve my requirement with this library, that I wanted the xml tage to include a period(.) in the tag as : <Date.iso8601>date</Date.iso8601>. It works fine without the period(.) in the tag - <Date>date</Date>.

Like I said before, the tag! method should allow this as you pass the name of the tag to create as a parameter.

Fred