Gems and bundler gems

Im a newbie to ror. Started learning it from last month alongwith spree commerce. Please sort out this to me What is the differnce between gems installed at .rvm/gems/ruby 2.2.1/gems and those at rvm/gems/ruby 2.2.1/bundler/gems

while using in a application? Is the bundler/gems some kind of a cache file as its named like for example 'spree_i18n-d7a8911f299b'

Thanks in advance.

Im a newbie to ror. Started learning it from last month alongwith spree commerce. Please sort out this to me What is the differnce between gems installed at .rvm/gems/ruby 2.2.1/gems and those at rvm/gems/ruby 2.2.1/bundler/gems

while using in a application? Is the bundler/gems some kind of a cache file as its named like for example 'spree_i18n-d7a8911f299b'

Those are gems installed from a git repository (for example if you've forked a gem or if a change you want hasn't been released yet). The d7a8911f299b is the commit that was checked out

Fred

So is it like the gems in .rvm/gems/ruby 2.2.1/gems are installed from rubygems.org and other in bundler/gems are installed from github.

Is there any difference between them if we use in the application apart from the fact that we should specify differently in gemfile.

So is it like the gems in .rvm/gems/ruby 2.2.1/gems are installed from rubygems.org and other in bundler/gems are installed from github.

They could come from any git repository, not just GitHub.

Is there any difference between them if we use in the application apart from the fact that we should specify differently in gemfile.

In usage there is no difference (other than the fact that it allows you to use unreleased versions or forks of gems)

Fred.