gem for storing and tracking changes

Hi people

I want to know which is the best gem or plug-in to store and track register changes for a rails 3.0.9 app

Hope you can help me, thanks

It is not clear what it is that is changing (a register?). Is it changes to data in the database or code changes or what?

Colin

In my app, a user must log-in to the system. Then he can create and/or update many documents (invoices, waybills, credit notes, etc.). Each one has many details (because they have many products) So I'm looking for a gem that allow me to store the changes of these documents, what I want to know is:

- user_id (who made the changes or has created a new document) - object_id (the document or detail that has been created, updated, deleted, etc.) - class_name (the class name of the document/detail) - action_name (create, update, delete, etc.) - datetime (date and time when the document/detail has been created or updated or deleted) - changes (which attributes has been changed and what has changed (old_value, new_value))

Is it clearer now? if not, just tell me to try a better explanation

Hi people

I want to know which is the best gem or plug-in to store and track register changes for a rails 3.0.9 app

It is not clear what it is that is changing (a register?). Is it changes to data in the database or code changes or what?

Colin

In my app, a user must log-in to the system. Then he can create and/or update many documents (invoices, waybills, credit notes, etc.). Each one has many details (because they have many products) So I'm looking for a gem that allow me to store the changes of these documents, what I want to know is:

- user_id (who made the changes or has created a new document) - object_id (the document or detail that has been created, updated, deleted, etc.) - class_name (the class name of the document/detail) - action_name (create, update, delete, etc.) - datetime (date and time when the document/detail has been created or updated or deleted) - changes (which attributes has been changed and what has changed (old_value, new_value))

Is it clearer now? if not, just tell me to try a better explanation

i am with paper trail

https://github.com/airblade/paper_trail

Or even acts_as_audited :slight_smile:

Colin

Thanks for the help

I'll try them

Hi people

probably want to check out 'acts_as_auted' - I've used that in the past but not with Rails 3 - appears that there is a version specifically for Rails 3

Or even acts_as_audited :slight_smile: