Forms Collecting data and basic ruby concept

i am not grasping a very basic concept here.

i have 3 models A, B, C

i have a form that is created via controller A but i need to put the data in model B, C

so all the input fields belong to either B or C

how can i accomplish this so that i can fill the users input if validation does not succeed.

using a model A to form A i use @input_info = A.new(params[:a]) but of course this will not work.

can someone lead me the right way.

That's pretty confusing. Could you explain it a little more concretely?

rushnosh wrote:

i am not grasping a very basic concept here.

i have 3 models A, B, C

i have a form that is created via controller A but i need to put the data in model B, C

ANSWER : NO MATTER, YOU CAN DO IT EXAMPLE :

class AController < ApplicationController

def create     @data = B.new(params[:a])

if @data.save        flash[:notice] = " Hello A Form, now you are in B"     end end

end

so all the input fields belong to either B or C

how can i accomplish this so that i can fill the users input if validation does not succeed.

For additional attributes that have no existed in table you can use att_reader :new_attribute_name

and validation you can put in model/ AR:

private

def validate   if new_attribute_name.nil?      errors.add ("Hey new attribute", "you cant be blank.")   end end

GoodLick :smiley: Reinhart http://teapoci.blogspot.com

Look into the fields_for helper. It allows you to specify fields for a different model within a form_for block.

I'd also suggest looking at railscasts.com, where there's several screencasts on creating complex forms.

Michael Slater www.BuildingWebApps.com (Rails developer portal) www.LearningRails.com (screencasts)