form.select

Hi,

I'm getting a "wrong number of arguments (0 for 1)" from my view when using form.select() I could not find anything helpful in the API docs.

<%= @lists = Number.find(:all, :order => "list", :conditions => "company = 'monsieur_martin' ").map {|u| [u.list, u.id] } %> <%= form.select(:list, @lists) %>

When checking the first line in console, it returns every list.

@lists = Number.find(:all, :order => "list", :conditions =>

"company = 'monsieur_martin ").map {|u| [u.list] } => [[""], ["gutta"]]

form.select(:list, @lists)

NameError: undefined local variable or method `form' for #<Object:0xb7f4a9f4>         from (irb):20

I'm running Rails 1.2.2. Any suggestions to what I do wrong, or which pages I should read better in the API? :slight_smile:

Best Regards, Martin Stabenfeldt

Hi Martin,

Martin Stabenfeldt wrote:

form.select(:list, @lists)

NameError: undefined local variable or method `form' for #<Object:0xb7f4a9f4>        from (irb):20

I'm running Rails 1.2.2. Any suggestions to what I do wrong, or which pages I should read better in the API? :slight_smile:

This doesn't address the problem you're having per se, but I thought you should know that you're definitely not going to be able to test a Rails problem in irb. irb is interactive Ruby, not Rails. I don't know whether you can test a form interactively, but if you can, you're going to have to be using script\console which loads Rails and your development environment, not irb. Personally, I'd be using a sandbox app to debug a problem with a view.

Best regards, Bill