form_for error

Hi all,

I have the following code in my application layout:

<div id="utility">   <% if logged_in? %>     <%= link_to "Sign Out", logout_path %>   <% else %>

<%= link_to_function "Sign in",    "$('signin').toggle();$('signin_link').toggle()",    :id => "signin_link" %>

<%= form_tag login_path, {:id => "signin"}, {:style =>"display: none"} %>        Log In<%= text_field_tag 'login' %>        Password<%= password_field_tag 'password' %>     <%= submit_tag 'Sign In' %>

<% end %>   <% end %> </div>

and for some reason it complains about the <% end %> tag corresponding to the form_tag with this message -> syntax error, unexpected kEND, expecting $end

If I replace the second <% end %> with </form> It works fine.

Any ideas what the heck is going on here?

Thanks, steve

Hi all,

I have the following code in my application layout:

<div id="utility"> <% if logged_in? %>    <%= link_to "Sign Out", logout_path %> <% else %>

<%= link_to_function "Sign in",   "$('signin').toggle();$('signin_link').toggle()",   :id => "signin_link" %>

<%= form_tag login_path, {:id => "signin"}, {:style =>"display: none"} %>       Log In<%= text_field_tag 'login' %>       Password<%= password_field_tag 'password' %>    <%= submit_tag 'Sign In' %>

<% end %> <% end %> </div>

and for some reason it complains about the <% end %> tag corresponding to the form_tag with this message -> syntax error, unexpected kEND, expecting $end

if you forget about all the bits in the middle you're just doing form_tag(...) end

Which is obviously a syntax error. On the other hand, form_tag(...) do end

is fine. When using form_tag like this you need to use <% and not <%=

Fred