Fixtures and created_at

Hi

When I use a fixture yml file to load setup data into my database my created_at fields are always being set to '0000-00-00 00:00:00'

I have even tried injecting sql AND ruby code into the data field of the yml to no avail.

Granted I could just change the default value of the field in the DB to be "now" (Or the Db specific function) but since I'm letting migrations take care of everything I figure it should .. well.. take care of everything.

Ex yml.

entry_1:   name: foo   value: bar   created_at: now()

entry_2:   name: bin   value: baz   created_at: Time.now

entry_3:   name: woo   value: hah

Notice with entry 3 there is no created_at field but I get the same results for created_at for all three entries.

See below.

Quoting Jean Nibee <rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net>:

Hi

When I use a fixture yml file to load setup data into my database my created_at fields are always being set to '0000-00-00 00:00:00'

I have even tried injecting sql AND ruby code into the data field of the yml to no avail.

Granted I could just change the default value of the field in the DB to be "now" (Or the Db specific function) but since I'm letting migrations take care of everything I figure it should .. well.. take care of everything.

Ex yml.

entry_1:   name: foo   value: bar   created_at: now()

Close. Try this:

created_at: <%= Time.now %>

Actually, this should be the default in Rails 2.x. And you can do things like this:

created_at: <%= 1.hour.ago.to_s(:db) %>

HTH,   Jeffrey

Hi,