Firefox loading raw HTML, instead of rendering the page as designed.

Using Rails 2.0.2, I have built a simple web app. Every time I use Firefox to load any page for that web app, it is extremely slow, and according to the log files, it completes the specified action in the controller, but what is shows in the browser, is just raw HTML. If I refresh the page, it loads properly. Using Safari and IE, I have not seen the problem, but other user's of my web app are having the same problem with Firefox only.

Has anyone else seen this problem? I thought maybe the webserver is too slow or small to handle my simple ruby app, but since I am only seeing the problem in firefox, I am not convinced. Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Actually ... here is more information .... This is appended to the top of the raw HTML:

Loaded suite dispatch.cgi Started

Finished in 0.000234 seconds.

0 tests, 0 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Connection: Keep-Alive Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=99 ETag: "3ed38808c3c19b71b0747d7a47ed5a2d" Cache-Control: private, max-age=0, must-revalidate

Loaded suite dispatch.cgi Started

Finished in 0.000134 seconds.

0 tests, 0 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors

..... then my raw HTML is dumped here .....

Maybe it is fixable via a config setting in my app or on the web server? Happens ONLY in Firefox and ONLY when the server is running slow, it seems anyway. A refresh to the page renders properly.

Thanks!!

I am using the file_column plugin, and this seemed to be producing the message. I fixed it by opening the file vendor/plugin/file_.../ init.rb and removing the line require "test_case".