Failing Test in MySQL 5.0.51b

I'm getting this failing test when running the ActiveRecord mysql tests on MySQL 5.0.51b (on latest master branch).

1) Failure: test_nil_defaults_for_not_null_columns(DefaultTest)     [./test/cases/defaults_test.rb:17:in `test_nil_defaults_for_not_null_columns'      ./test/cases/defaults_test.rb:14:in `each'      ./test/cases/defaults_test.rb:14:in `test_nil_defaults_for_not_null_columns'      ./test/cases/../../lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/ testing/setup_and_teardown.rb:67:in `__send__'      ./test/cases/../../lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/ testing/setup_and_teardown.rb:67:in `run']: name column should be DEFAULT "". <""> expected but was <nil>.

It appears MySQL has changed how its defaults work, but before I try to make a patch, can anyone confirm this problem on their system? Or is it something wrong with my setup?

Yup. Rick faced it a while back http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/192-ar-test-failure-on-latest-mysql

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Has anyone come up with a good solution to this problem? I guess we have to determine the MySQL version at run time and add a conditional statement in there.

I added a patch to the ticket which fixes the problem for me. If someone could please test it and make sure it works for them that would be great.

http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/192#ticket-192-2

I added a patch to the ticket which fixes the problem for me. If someone could please test it and make sure it works for them that would be great.

Those tests fail on 4.1 (in a different way. sigh) before & after your
patch. I'll have a look at what mysql have changed

Fred

This reminds me to ask,

is there still a CI system running (CruiseControl.rb or something)
active for the current Rails repository? And where is it mailing?

rgrds, Jan

Don't think it's running anymore.

I'm gonna work with Alexey to get this going again soon. Sometime next month, after RailsConf (which is currently taking all my free time to prepare for)...

Git support is now in ccrb trunk, so theoretically nothing holding is us back. Other than somebody doing it :wink: