error when installing JRuby

Whenever I try to install JRuby, I get the following error. This is on AIX 5.3-5.

root@nycserv-deva-app1nim:/usr/local/bin/ruby_inst/jruby-1.1.2>bin/jruby rubyfile.rb The java class is not found: org.jruby.Main

The only pre-req I am missing is Apache Ant. When I go to install that, I get the following.

/usr/local/bin/apache_inst/apache-ant-1.7.0>sh build.sh install-lite

src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Delete.java:583: cannot find symbol symbol : method add(org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.Restrict) location: class org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.Sort             s.add(exists);              ^ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/util/ResourceUtils.java:181: incompatible types found : org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.selectors.Or required: org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.selectors.ResourceSelector             r.add(new And(new ResourceSelector {Type.FILE, new Or(                                                              ^ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/util/ResourceUtils.java:181: cannot find symbol symbol : method add(org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.selectors.And) location: class org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.Restrict             r.add(new And(new ResourceSelector {Type.FILE, new Or(              ^ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/resources/selectors/Or.java:50: cannot find symbol symbol : method getSelectors() location: class org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.selectors.Or         for (Iterator i = getSelectors(); i.hasNext():wink: {                           ^ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/resources/selectors/And.java:50: cannot find symbol symbol : method getSelectors() location: class org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.selectors.And         for (Iterator i = getSelectors(); i.hasNext():wink: {                           ^ Note: * uses or overrides a deprecated API. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. 47 errors ... Failed compiling Ant classes ! Bootstrap FAILED

Has anyone seen this before. Param

Have you considered using the binary distribution?

http://dist.codehaus.org/jruby/jruby-bin-1.1.2.tar.gz

Ant is not required to get up and running with it.

/Nick