Error in the tutorial?

Hello everyone!!!

I'm new to Rails... I'm trying to follow the first tutorial steps, but I came across this error:

D:\InstantRails\rails_apps\cookbook2>ruby script\generate scaffold recipe recipe

exists app/controllers/       exists app/helpers/       exists app/views/recipe       exists app/views/layouts/       exists test/functional/   dependency model       exists app/models/       exists test/unit/       exists test/fixtures/    identical app/models/recipe.rb    identical test/unit/recipe_test.rb    identical test/fixtures/recipes.yml        error Before updating scaffolding from new DB schema, try creating a tab le for your model (Recipe)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! Luis

Dear Nanyang

Thank you very much for your help :slight_smile:

However, it’s no use: I destroyed both models (category and recipe), and tried to follow the tutorial, but i get the same error :frowning:

The tutorial I’m following is:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/12/14/revisiting-ruby-on-rails-revisited.html

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2007/01/05/revisiting-ruby-on-rails-revisited-2.html

Regards,

Luis

Oh… Good idea… now… how do I delete cookbook2 project? Just delete the directory? Or is there a command line option to delete/destroy it?

Thanks,

Hi Luis,

Luis Carraud wrote:

I'm new to Rails... I'm trying to follow the first tutorial steps, but I came across this error: Before updating scaffolding from new DB schema, try creating a table for your model (Recipe)

Rails is telling you that it can't find your Recipes table. Make sure you do, in fact have one and that it's named Recipes. It needs to be plural. Rails is also telling you that you've already got a recipe.rb model. You need to delete that file. The only other time I remember a reader having this problem, he'd forgotten to save his create.sql script. When he ran the script it didn't complain but, in fact, no table had been created.

hth, Bill

Bill

Thank you very much for your help.

The recipes and categories tables are created (I know about MySQL believe me). And I saved the create.sql script.

I’ll try beginning the tutorial all over again and let you know…

Regards,

Ok. Thanks. I’ll try that…

The tutorial is pretty simple, don’t worry…

Regards,