Error al usar acento en el nombre de la tabla de la BD

Max Williams wrote:

(a través de traductor Google para disculpas por cualquier mal español)

El nombre de la migración no tiene que coincidir con el nombre de la mesa - tiene que coincidir con el nombre de la clase dentro de la migración. La clase puede ser llamado nada, es simplemente la convención que el nombre de tabla de allí. Asegúrese de que ni el nombre de la migración o el nombre de clase tienen acentos y que debe estar bien.

Hi Max, can you write me en english, please?

Appears to be another question about using non standard UTF8 characters naming objects in Rails (tables and migration classes in this case).

It have been subject in Rails Brazilian forums time to time, and always end with the same conclusion:

Even if you are from Spain, Brazil, Russia, or somewhere else where non standard characters are used, simply DON'T use them.

You never know when a good idea can fly out your local community, so, develop all in standard English and you will be happy. Then do some "localization" with the tools available for that. Make you app. international by standard then customize it for you local audience and you will be prepared for the future.

But, if you have some rules to follow and need to name objects in your mother language, here is a tip:

I need to create a method that will return is a number is even, so the method will be named "is_even", but I need to name it in Portuguese, which will write like this: "é par", so I named the method some thing like this "eh_par".

Portuguese speakers will understand and I don't use any "acento" naming objects.

Regards.

Amrani Salma wrote:

Max Williams wrote:

El nombre de la migración no tiene que coincidir con el nombre de la mesa - tiene que coincidir con el nombre de la clase dentro de la migración. La clase puede ser llamado nada, es simplemente la convención que el nombre de tabla de allí. Asegúrese de que ni el nombre de la migración o el nombre de clase tienen acentos y que deb

e estar bien.

Yes,sorry. I thought you didn't speak it for some reason. All I was saying was that the migration can be called anything as long as it matches the class name in the migration code. Keep utf-8 chars out of filenames and out of your code - they should be in content only, ie only in text saved to the db.

Max Williams wrote:

Amrani Salma wrote:

Max Williams wrote:

El nombre de la migración no tiene que coincidir con el nombre de la mesa - tiene que coincidir con el nombre de la clase dentro de la migración. La clase puede ser llamado nada, es simplemente la convención que el nombre de tabla de allí. Asegúrese de que ni el nombre de la migración o el nombre de clase tienen acentos y que deb

e estar bien.

Yes,sorry. I thought you didn't speak it for some reason. All I was saying was that the migration can be called anything as long as it matches the class name in the migration code. Keep utf-8 chars out of filenames and out of your code - they should be in content only, ie only in text saved to the db.

ok, Thanks.