#<Errno::EMFILE: Too many open files

I have the same problema on Windows7, with the following code:

This generates EMFILE Error (BINARY Mode): File.open(compiled_filename, "wb") do |f|     f.puts(version)     f.puts(sha)     f.write(contents) end

This one, NOT!! (TEXT Mode): File.open(compiled_filename, "w") do |f|     f.puts(version)     f.puts(sha)     f.write(contents) end

Everything was right and doing very well until 4 days ago... Looks like some Windows 7 system stuff changed or something but I'm not able to figure out what it is!

What could it be??? HELP!!

Johann Vazquez wrote in post #1161364:

I have the same problema on Windows7, with the following code:

This generates EMFILE Error (BINARY Mode): File.open(compiled_filename, "wb") do |f|     f.puts(version)     f.puts(sha)     f.write(contents) end

This one, NOT!! (TEXT Mode): File.open(compiled_filename, "w") do |f|     f.puts(version)     f.puts(sha)     f.write(contents) end

Everything was right and doing very well until 4 days ago... Looks like some Windows 7 system stuff changed or something but I'm not able to figure out what it is!

What could it be??? HELP!!

It seems that some kind of malware stuff was interferring with my application. I tested it on Windows "Secure Mode" and everything was right (No EMFILE Error)... So I downloaded several antiviruses, antimalwares, etc.... with no luck.

But, finally, "ADW Cleaner" did the job (running it under Windows "Secure Mode"). Happuly, after that, no more EMFILE Error. End of the story? I hope so...