equivelent of php include

Hey Rails people,

I would like to do some really easy consuming of other web pages. Specifically, I'd like to show the public instance of my google calendar on my website. I have the calendar's public address ( we'll call it www.google.com/calendar for now), but don't know how to include it in my view. I've been looking everywhere for the equivelent of php's include or require methods. Any help here would be great.

Thanks a lot, Bryce

I would like to do some really easy consuming of other web pages. Specifically, I'd like to show the public instance of my google calendar on my website. I have the calendar's public address ( we'll call it www.google.com/calendar for now), but don't know how to include it in my view. I've been looking everywhere for the equivelent of php's include or require methods. Any help here would be great.

I'm not sure Rails has the functionality.. also not sure you'd want it since I doubt you want the "<html>...</html>" tags that url is going to have (i don't know anythign about google's public calendar though).

You could suck it down using open-uri and then display it, but that's gonna be slow.

If you could live with an iframe that would be the simplest and least load on your server... it would also protect the rest of your site a bit should that bit blow up...

-philip