Enterprise menu - yet another try on creating internal DSL for defining menus - easy of course!

Hi guys,

I've created 'emenu' gem that is supposed to take of burned of maintaining and tweaking menu layout emenu | RubyGems.org | your community gem host. It's main purpose is usage in larger projects or admin pages that have a lot of options and a lot of rules regarding who gets to see what. It is really rough on the edges, and I don't even have a quick link options (that will depend on currently selected menu option), but I am looking for as much feedback as I can get. Release early, release often kind of thing.

This is my first gem ever so I spend most of yesterday on stupid errors with Psych:Syck etc... but nevertheless it can be checked out at: http://emenu.12ip.net/

This is example DSL needed to fuel that demo:

@menu = MenuConfig.new @menu.item :transportation do   item :cars   item :trains do     item :fast_trains     item :slow_trains   end   item :planes do     item :boeing do       item :boeing747 do         item :older_ready_to_crash         item :brand_new       end       item :boeing474     end     item :airbus   end end @menu.item :orders do   item :bread   item :butter   item :chunky_bacon end

Best Regards,

Kresimir Bojcic

www.kresimirbojcic.com